Hi everyone! Today’s post is different from my usual content. In fact, this is new for me too. I would like to thank Maya for this award! This came as a total surprise, but I’m happy to participate. In addition, for those who don’t know me very well, this is a good way to become more acquainted with me.
Here are the rules:
- Acknowledge the blogger who gave it to you and display the award
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gave to you
- Offer 11 random thoughts about yourself
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and notify them of their nominations
- Ask your nominees 11 questions
What does your name mean?
The dictionary version is a bit self-explanatory, but in the Bible, “hope is the confident expectation of what God has promised and its strength is in His faithfulness.”
Why do you write (or blog)?
I blog and write to bring glory to God and to use the gifts that He has given to me. Also, I write because it is my passion and something that makes me feel alive. I love writing about people and their circumstances. I enjoy world-building and creating worlds.
What is your favorite kind of cheese?
Boy, that might be a little difficult. Let’s see, I would say that my favorite cheese might be cheddar. There are a lot of great cheeses out there!
What is the most important thing to you?
Who is your favorite character (not one of yours) of all time?
Oof, these are some hard questions! I don’t think I could really pick a favorite character of ALL time, but I could name one of my top favorites. I think it would have to be Alistair Coldhollow, from Sword in the Stars. He was such a great character, and despite his flaws, he was someone I could care about.
Which Ilvermorny (North American wizarding school) house are you?
I’m not into Harry Potter, but I’d probably be from the Pukwudgie house.
How many books do you want to read in 2019?
Honestly? I have no idea. Nevertheless, I’d like to read as many good books as I can! Yea, I know I’m kinda cheating, but I don’t have a specific number in mind.
How many books have you read so far in 2019?
Uh, I don’t know. However, I can make a guess! I think I’ve read 2-4 books (for fun). Now that I’ve made the calculations, that’s kind of sad! Okay, ‘suppose I need to read more.
What is your favorite word?
At the moment, “shadow”. I know, that’s kind of lame. I’d love to be one of those writers who loves huge words like “pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis”, however, it’s debatable whether someone should really “like” a term for a lung disease. I wouldn’t anyways, but that’s just me.
What do you tell people when they ask you what you want to be?
I tell them that I want to be a writer, a published author.
Have you ever been to another country, and if so, which one(s)?
Yes, I have been to another country. I will be referring to countries that I actually visited, not just a stop in an airport.
11 Random things about me:
- I have six siblings
- I hate dead silence
- I own a sword
- I eat chicken and rice with veggie dip (it taste delicious)
- I never want to live in a city
- I never thought I would become a blogger
- I think bog bodies are interesting and creepy (don’t know what they are? Look it up, but be warned, they’re kinda gross too)
- I’m an introvert
- I’m right-handed, but my strength lies in my left hand
- I’ve never read Harry Potter or the Hunger Games (and I’m content with never reading them)
- I don’t really like sad endings unless I’m writing them
Nominate 11 bloggers:
- Josiah Kirk @ The Lighthouse
- Jessie @ Paper Strider (I know you already did this, but I still nominate you!)
- T. R. Noble @ Inside Cup
- Anyone who is reading this and has a blog (Yes, I know this is cheating. However, I’m still considerably new, so I don’t really know many bloggers yet).
My questions for you:
- What started you on your path to blogging?
- What gives you sense of wonder?
- If you had to give up one of your senses, what would it be?
- Who is your hero?
- What is one book that has heavily impacted you?
- What could you never give up?
- What’s your favorite quote?
- Who is your favorite author?
- If you could travel back in time, where would you go?
- What is your writing process?
- Do you prefer 10 or 11 questions?
I confess, I know this isn’t my usual Wednesday blog, but I had some fun with this one (and frankly, I had no idea what to write about this week). Don’t worry though, I’ll have a normal post next week. Keep an eye out!