Hello friends! I am pleased to announce the one year anniversary for my blog! First off, I would just like to thank those who have been with me from the start. Your support means a lot to me!
Second, I’ll admit, I’m a bit surprised that it’s already been a year. But, I am grateful to Lord for how far I’ve gotten. He has blessed me so much and I am glad to serve Him. I also pray that God will continue to use this blog for good, and that it will bring honor to Him. I’ve taken some great pleasure in writing these articles and I hope that they have been beneficial in some way.
I firmly believe in callings and purposes, and I plan to keep challenging Christian teens to pursue them wholeheartedly and to live in a way that glorifies the King. I also hope to improve how I serve you all, and seek to make this blog better. May this one year of blogging be the beginning of many more years to come.
As a fun little thing, I’ve decided to include a couple things to get to know me! So, first off, in
theme with the purpose of my blog, I’d like to recommend* some good Christian books for teen reading:
- The Case for a Creator – Lee Strobel
This was interesting to see the logical and scientific evidence that really support the truth of a Creator.
- The Whole Message of the Bible in 16 Words – Chris Bruno
I found this good for getting an overall perspective of the Bible and its important key points.
- Dig Deeper: Tools for Understanding God’s Word – Nigel Beynon & Andrew Sach
Helpful for reading and interpreting Scripture.
- The Screwtape Letters – C.S. Lewis (can you really go wrong with his stuff?)
- Live Like a Jesus Freak – DC Talk
- Experiencing God: Student Edition – Henry T. Blackaby & Claude V. King
Wonderful bible study.
- The Armor of God – Priscilla Shirer
Great bible study for women!
Now, I thought I’d include 10 fun facts about me:
- For those who like personality types, I’m a INFJ-T
- I’m a traveler and have been to 8 different countries (the majority in Europe)
- I have two swords and I love swords, daggers, and castles
- I have a deaf name
- I never thought I’d blog
- I’m working towards a career in publication as a fiction author
- Art is my second passion
- I love redemption stories–a lot.
- I have never read Harry Potter or the Hunger Games (and I’m peachy with that)
- The Young Writer’s Workshop* changed my writing life
To top it off, I’d like to conclude with 10 of my favorite fiction books/book series:
- The Wingfeather Saga – Andrew Peterson
- Percy Jackson – Rick Riordan
- Tales of Goldstone Wood series – Ann Elisabeth Stengl
- J.B. Collins series – Joel C. Rosenberg
- The Kingdom series – Chuck Black
- The Sword in the Stars – Wayne Thomas Batson
- Narnia – C.S. Lewis
- Little Women – Louisa May Alcott
- The 39 Clues – various authors
- The Peleg Chronicles – Matthew Christian Harding
Well, I hope you’ve enjoyed getting to know me a little more, and thank you for celebrating one year of blogging with me! If you’d like to have a chat about books, writing, or Christian living, etc., shoot me an email!
Also, if you’d like to receive updates on my writing projects, life stuff, and snippets of my current novel, just subscribe to my email list!
* Disclaimer: I am not getting paid/compensated in any way for these recommendations.
* Disclaimer: I am not getting paid/compensated in any way for promoting this program